Oh lawd

Give feedback on features, ask questions, learn and contribute.

Oh lawd

Postby John845 » Mon May 12, 2014 6:56 pm

Its been 7 years since my last post here, incredible. I'm actually quite surprised this website is still up.

My best gaming memories was playing with the people here back in the day, I'll never forget it.

Hope all is well for who ever comes across this...
John845

Re: Oh lawd

Postby Flux » Wed May 14, 2014 4:28 am

It'll be almost a decade since I joined this community. I could only log in as my post-ban alias. My pre-ban alias, Minimum, is on an old forgotten email.

I wonder how much the members have changed since then. 10 years is a long time.
Flux

Postby Sirc » Fri May 16, 2014 10:53 am

A lot has changed for me. I went to and finished college, became a book editor, left that field, worked at Facebook and now work at Dropbox.

Now I might be moving from Texas to Australia for a year.

John, weren't you Fenton like me in TSRP?
Sirc

Postby poopduck » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:08 pm

Ermagerd nostalgia.

Going to school for pharmaceuticals.

Miss this place regularly. Still DM in the lasting TSRP servers...but it's just not the same.
poopduck

Postby John845 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:29 pm

Sirc wrote:A lot has changed for me. I went to and finished college, became a book editor, left that field, worked at Facebook and now work at Dropbox.

Now I might be moving from Texas to Australia for a year.

John, weren't you Fenton like me in TSRP?

Nice man.

And I was in the Fentons yes. I think I was Johnny Fenton or something like that, lol. Good times.
John845

Postby AntonioDebanderas » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:11 am

Honestly one of the best gaming moments of my life. We had such a great community, and lots of laughs were had. Many years ago I got into GTA:SA RP but it just wasn't cutting it for me. Although it was fun, nothing could recreate the experience I've had here.

I'm still in school, and I hate to be the older guy at a community college, but it needs to be done. Trying to transfer to a cal state with a major in computer information systems, and get into the world of IT security.

Anyone else still playing them vidya games? I only play a few, mostly just Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and recently World of Warcraft.

This should be a wall, those who remember to come back please post a little update on where you are in life. Best of luck to all of you guys, hope to read more posts like these in the future.
AntonioDebanderas

Postby Juntalis » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:32 pm

EDIT: This was originally a 1174 word post filled with all sorts of details no one cares about, because when I procrastinate, I go all fucking in and turn that "just a quick post before I start working on this" into a 4 hour mini-series. Anyways, I decided to toss the original monologue for the following:

Graduated highschool, got engaged, moved in with fiance, attended a CalState, hated it as much as highschool, dropped out, fiance becomes antisocial, i need a hobby, self-teach programming, turn 21, break up (wedding never happened), ex bails with 7 months remaining on lease, with the wii (thats ok), and my ps3 (not ok), cleanest breakup ever, start doing programming jobs on the side to make rent, lease ends, move back in with folks, continue side gig, do a job for my current boss, get offered a position at his IT company (support/light development), i hate support, leverage foothold, 4 years of stuff, company now has a separate arm functioning similar to a development firm, start taking CLEP exams to test out of classes for finishing my degree, my generation graduates college and enters my industry of work, assigned 3 developers around my age fresh from college, lose all respect for computer science degrees, industry goes to shit, i need a hobby, business law looking pretty cool.

I still feel like I like video games, but I can't really remember the last game that was released that interested or impressed me. Industry's gotten pretty stagnant since gaming became a socially acceptable hobby. Only gaming/whatever community I've bothered with since we all went our separate ways was Toribash, and that's only because it's where I learned to program. (Writing tools to interact with and modify the game) Only other online game I got into in recent years was HON, but after most of the decent players left, S2 (the developers) responded by saturating the game with imbalanced point-and-click heroes requiring no skill, and I lost all interest. I'd be down to play something if anyone knows of any interesting games, though I probably wouldn't be able to invest huge amounts of time into it. (Also, never been able to maintain interest in any MMOs for more than a few days)

BTW, what parts of California (and LA) are you two (Kakashi and John) living in these days? I moved into a place in Long Beach about 2 years back myself. (John was that dude that played a cop character for a while, and whose Fenton character I killed during the Fenton-Mexican war, right? As I recall, he was attempting to assasinate my character at the time, and the second he approached, I flew into a panic, fired wildly, landed a headshot out of pure luck, and then tried to play it off as something commendable. Something like that)
Juntalis

Postby Sirc » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:36 pm

Man, I feel the same way about games. I get all stoked reading about something coming out because I like the idea of being consumed by a game again, but realistically, the game comes out and I play it every now and then (on a console, because old PC became quickly outdated, and I lost interest in building comps again with no dispensable money coming in during college). Then the game picks up dust, and I put it on a mental pedastal of something that I'll REALLY ENJOY when I have some free time. But I find myself spending free time on other things instead like cooking, motorycle, reading, what have you.

It's strange. If I'm filling my free time with other hobbies, it seems off that mentally, I still look forward to video games as much as I used to without playing them/being fulfilled by them like I used to.

Anyway, good to hear from the folks that have replied. I don't want to make this forum/TSRP to be some grandeur-filled memory, but looking back, this place was a significant portion of a part of my youth, whether I realized it at the time or not.

Also, internet rap battles. That shit happened.
Sirc

Postby Juntalis » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:58 pm

Ugh, don't remind me.
Juntalis

Postby Sirc » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:18 pm

Eh, there are worse things to be embarrassed about, I guess. Not trying to show that shit off though, haha.
Sirc

Next

Return to General Rant